Popular Posts

Thursday, March 20, 2014

A few strange foods from India

Although most people in India eat foods that most Americans find appetizing, there are a few Indian foods that I would never try even if I was starving. One is phan pyut. That is a rotten potato. People eat it with spices and consider it delicious. Another food they eat is called chaprah. This is made of red ants and their eggs. Many people in tribal communities eat dog meat. This is popular in some tribes and can be fried, smoked, curried, or dried. I could never eat that because I have had dogs as pets my whole life. Do you think you could eat dog meat or any of these foods? Would you be afraid you'd get sick?

www.timescity.com

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dogs too, would totally get sick from eating one! I mean, I even get sick from eating lamb. (Besides, my dogs smell terrible, so I bet they'd taste terrible too.) I don't know why anybody would find something delicious when it's rotten either! To add to the strange foods list, did you know that in some places in Asia, people drink snake wine? It is kept in bottles that have small snakes in them, or include bodily fluids of snakes, like blood. Personally, I'd rather eat the dog than drink the wine. You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Matthew, I have actually ate dog in China. Although I had no idea that I was in till the waiter told me!! YUCK! Luckily I didn't get sick; although I would never eat any of the foods you talked about! Matthew, did you know the cow is a God(The god of birth and nurturing ) they warship so they respect it greatly by letting them roam around the towns and villages with no want to slay them! YAY cows!!

    ReplyDelete