Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Elephants
I read a blot post about elephants in Africa that Sydney Toles wrote about, and their role, so I wanted to learn more, I went and researched a little bit about it, and figured out that male African elephants can keep on growing their whole lives, not like the females. Also, the elephants heads are so big, because there are extra muscles along the neck. The trunk of an elephant can kill a lion, because it weighs from 40,000 to 150,000 pounds, but they don't drink from the trunk, they just use them to suck up liquids to hold. Usually the mom elephant bears her first calf between 10 and 20 years old. Have you ever seen an African elephant?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment