Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Would You Like Some Fish With That?

South Asia is home to many great foods, but the foods in Sri Lanka just look so irresistible compared to the rest. I would love to visit Sri Lanka just for these exquisite dishes! In Sri Lanka, curry is served with a lot of the wonderful dishes if the country. There's deviled sweet and sour fish curry, chili fish curry, jackfruit curry, even squid curry! The top restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka (ranked by Tripadvisor) is The Lagoon, known for it's exquisite seafood (which you can get with curried), which is said to be divine! If you could try any South Asian dish that you haven't had before, what would it be? I would try try the chili fish curry, because of how yummy it looks.

2 comments:

  1. If I could try any South Asian dish I would try Chicken Pulao since it looks super yummy! The Chili Fish Curry seems super yummy except for the chili part but the Squid Curry does seem good though! The Lagoon seems like a super good restaurant that I would defiantly go to if I were to visit Sir Lanka since I love seafood, especially muscles, fish, and crab legs! Good post Matthew, but you may want to underline the errors that Mr.Hopper pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could try any South Asian dish, I would try shirako. Shirako is a traditional Japanese dish made of fish sperm. It is served with salad, curry, or a small bowl of soup.I would love the texture, it is said to be smooth but have some chewiness every now and then. The soup that occasionally accompanies this dish would be spicy and sweet because shirako is silky but a little tangy. Do you think that you are brave enough to try shirako?

    ReplyDelete