I found Kenidee's post very interesting I thought of this because although others also wrote on the same subject this one had more detail on what protazoa and trypanosoma brucei gambiense are. Another thing is that there is a more severe form of it which is caused by T. b. rhodesiense. treatments for the normal sleeping sickness include Melarsoprol,Suramin,Eflornithine and Pentamidine the first two can be used for both diseases.
Death occurs about half a year after infection for normal sleeping sickness and rhondesiense may kill in a few weeks. However this is only if they didn't get treatment and maybe they might die if they can't sleep or they fall into a coma. Apparently the sickness causes the swelling of the brain. The number of infected is around 10,000 a year. I got this information from a website and another one. Do you think this is a big problem?
Popular Posts
-
Well, in the ancient world, there are a couple of civilizations, Chinese, Phoenicians, Israelites, Egyptians, and many others. Have you hear...
-
I really enjoy Social Studies, but to be more specific I love Ancient History! I think one of the most interesting times in Ancient Hist...
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
I recently read my friend Reyna's post about endangered Elephants. I went deeper into this topic focusing on how the elephants were ki...
-
I found the blog post Manya C. wrote very interesting and I decided to do some more research on the topic " Annie Anopheles .” An...
Yes I think this is a big problem! Lots of people are dying from sleeping sickness. Also what's even worse is this rhodesiense disease which is pretty scary; this disease is found in 13 countries in eastern and southern Africa! I hope we can help people in Africa with these diseases.
ReplyDelete