Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weird Indian Foods

I was looking at country's foods to see which had the strangest, and India won that by a long shot. To start off there is a common favorite called,"phan pyut", this weird sounding dish is, a rotten potato with some spices. Apparently in India lots of the times potatoes aren't even harvested until they are rotten so they can make this dish. Don't you people love your dog (if you have one)? Well I'm am sad to say that if you bring yours to India it might be eaten. On the other note, I'm sure most of you folks are disgusted by frogs, and I'm happy to say this time that they eat their legs. So to wrap all this talk about this strange Indian food, if you had to have one of the three, what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. Your right! India does get the award for craziest food ever! The amount of dishes I would get sick off of is way too many, but out of the 3 dishes you listed I would try “phan pyut” because I really like potatoes and spices. The only part that I don’t think I would like is the rotten potato part, but hey a potato is a potato. I also think that if I tried the 2 other dishes it wouldn’t be as good (mainly because I’m a dog person.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the horrid options discussed, I would have to choose frog legs. I would throw up after eating raw potatoes, and dog meat is just not very appealing. Frog legs would be tender and probably very good, as long as I didn't know what I was eating. Other exotic Indian foods that I have read about are lamb genitals, brains, and stomachs. Lamb meat is good, but you could never convince me to try those parts of a lamb.

    ReplyDelete