Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chinas Mid Autumn Festival

The countries I chose are Chinese festivals. They have picking bits of festivals but the specific festival’s I am picking is the mid-autumn festival. In the mid-autumn festival is a festal runs through the 15th day of 8th lunar month is also usually celebrated on a full moon. The festival started in ancient China  and the empires sacrificing to the sun in spring and into the moon in autumn. The people think it is a worship of the moon changing in to harvesting season or a new season. The mid-autumn classic is one of the most important festivals because of a family reunion. If you lived near the festival would you go?

1 comment:

  1. I like your post, the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival (also known as the moon festival) seems very interesting. If I lived near the festival, I would go. It seems entertaining and fun, and the festival has my name in it! The moon seems like it would look very pretty also, they say it's the roundest and brightest at that time of the year. On the day of the Mid-Autumn Festival, people take their days off from work and enjoy this day.

    ReplyDelete