Popular Posts

Thursday, March 20, 2014

India in 100 words

India is filled with a lot of different, interesting things. There are lots of different foods, traditions, and other things that we don't typically see in the United States.Respecting animals has been a large part of Indian culture for a long time. Some of the foods in India include dal, baati, and naan. Of course there are more but those are some of them.  There are three national holidays in India Independence Day,  Mahatma Gandhi's birthday, and republic day. I happen to find India's culture and life style very interesting and hope to find more about it some day. What do you think about India's culture?

2 comments:

  1. Morgyn I thought your blog about India was refreshing. When I say refreshing I mean it put more information in my head about India. I decided to do a comment on your blog because I had some thought about the religion Hinduism. I think the Indian culture Hindu is very strict. The only reason I think that is because people that believe in Hinduism cannot eat meat there hole life and I can barley last a day without bacon or meat. I am all for saving the animals but sometimes you have to kill some cows to feed some mouths but I also respect there decision on not killing cows. I am not saying Hinduism is a bad culture I have friends that are Hindu I just think I would suffer being Hindu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think that the Indian culture is very interesting! I noticed that there are a lot of different foods such as Spicy curries and mild pastries. I did some research and I found out there are many cool festivals such as the festival of lights in which many Hindus celebrate. In India, one of the reasons that animals like cows aren’t eaten is because in the some religions, many religious s people say that there is a godly spirit in it! So cool!

    ReplyDelete