Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Odd Indian Cuisine
People in India eat some foods that seem odd and disgusting to us. An excellent example of their food is phan pyut, which is essentially rotten potatoes that are sometimes cooked with spices. People in India eat this quite a bit, but I would never eat rotten potatoes. They also eat dog meat, which is considering incredibly wrong here in the US. They do not eat cow meat, however, because they view cattle as special in the Hindu religion. Some of the other odd foods they eat are nahkham, chaprah, and khorisa. What do you guys think of the foods the people in India eat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Raw potatoes!!! I would never eat raw potatoes and definitely not dog meat, I have a dog!! In some countries they eat bugs like spiders and cockroaches which I think is pretty weird and gross but it's the same for them they would probably think our food is weird and gross.
ReplyDeleteI did my article on their foods as well and found out they also eat Nahkan or dried fish with distilled ashes. I would probably try phan pyut just to see what it tastes like and since I like potatoes it might not be so bad but as for dog meat I might try it.
ReplyDelete