Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Odd Indian Cuisine

People in India eat some foods that seem odd and disgusting to us. An excellent example of their food is phan pyut, which is essentially rotten potatoes that are sometimes cooked with spices. People in India eat this quite a bit, but I would never eat rotten potatoes. They also eat dog meat, which is considering incredibly wrong here in the US. They do not eat cow meat, however, because they view cattle as special in the Hindu religion. Some of the other odd foods they eat are nahkham, chaprah, and khorisa. What do you guys think of the foods the people in India eat?

2 comments:

  1. Raw potatoes!!! I would never eat raw potatoes and definitely not dog meat, I have a dog!! In some countries they eat bugs like spiders and cockroaches which I think is pretty weird and gross but it's the same for them they would probably think our food is weird and gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my article on their foods as well and found out they also eat Nahkan or dried fish with distilled ashes. I would probably try phan pyut just to see what it tastes like and since I like potatoes it might not be so bad but as for dog meat I might try it.

    ReplyDelete