Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
India
India is a very interesting country. It is the seventh largest country by mass and second largest by population with 1.2 billion people. Due to this large mass of people in the country there are many religions and cultures in India. Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism all originated in India. Along with these religions come many types of food. If you thought that when you are hungry in India, you just pull up to a McDonalds and order a triple meat, super duper, extra special hamburger, you're wrong. India is known for its spices and cuisine that is so unique to us Americans. The most important and popular ingredients used in Indian cooking recently are whole or powdered chili pepper, black mustard seed, cardamom, cumin, ginger, and garlic. These spices and ingredients give Indian food flavor and texture that makes it some of the best food in the world. I think that India is one of the worlds most fascinating countries in the world. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment