There are many festivals that take place in
Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
The Festival of Lights!
There are many festivals that take place in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Diyas can also be called a Divaa, Deepa, Deepam, or Deepak. A Diyas is a lamp with a cotton wick dipped in vegetable oils.The oil clay lamp is to represent defeat and the gain of knowledge. This oil bowl is kept in temples, houses, and basically everywhere during the time of the festival. The festival of lights is really called Diwali and the festival preparations and rituals typically extend over a five days. On the 25th day everyone leaves the streets to go into their homes and renovate,clean or decorate for Diwali.
ReplyDelete