Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
India the Homeland of the Lamb Big Mac
India is a land of diversity; from ancient religions, spicy dishes, to the home of the Lamb Big Mac. India encompasses a region of different cultures and lifestyles. You may wonder why a Lamb Big Mac? This is because in India their main religion is Hindu, which specifically states that cows and pigs are holy animals and are not to be eaten. McDonald's has even gone so far as to not include beef or pork on their menu, replacing many favorites such as the Big Mac with lamb, and now recently chicken. What do you think: If you were ever in India, would you try a Lamb Big Mac? I know I would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to say, I never knew that the pig and cow were holy animals, but the fact that McDonalds is supporting this is nerve wracking! We all know that McDonalds isn’t very healthy, but being supportive in this is a big step! I might even try it for myself. As sloppy as the sandwich may be. I may have more respect McDonalds after reading this article. I can’t believe that McDonalds is respecting the Hindu religion. Here is an article everyone can look at.http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/dec/28/globalisation.lukeharding
ReplyDeleteI would totally try the Indian Big Mac with lamb in it! I think that would probably be more healthy than the Big Mac we know from McDonald's, and better tasting (In my opinion)! I really like the idea of trying more Indian food, but what worries me is that it's made on the side of the street, which could be not very sanitary. Besides that, I think the Indian lamb Big Mac and other Indian foods seem very tasty.
ReplyDelete