Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Dikembe Mutombo Not just a Basketball Player but a Hero
Travis A. recently wrote about a retired NBA player named Dikembe Mutombo who built a state of the art hospital for everyone. However, that hospital was the savior for a mother who just had triplets, their recent doctor didn't have the proper materials to keep the babies alive. So Dikembe decided to build a hospital to save them and all other family's in need from the Congo. Dikembe played for the Atlanta Hawks,Denver Nuggets,the Philadelphia 76'ers,and the Houston Rockets. He was born on June 25th, 1966 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. So would you save a whole country in need of help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a very interesting, cool, and nice thing for a NBA player to do for such a poor country. In fact I actually did my post on this because I thought it was very intriguing. I feel bad for all the other families that have to go through this scenario and not be able to go to an awesome hospital. I also did some research and almost 23,000 South African babies die a year.
ReplyDeleteGood post Jacob, I also did my post on Dikembe Mutumbo also. I got most of my research from the Dikembe Mutumbo foundation. There Dikembe says that Nelson Mandela changed his entire life because of what he stood for and his great leadership. I also found out that Mutombo paid for the girls basketball team to go to Atlanta. He also has paid for the track teams uniforms and a lot of other things that would help them.
ReplyDelete