Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Festival au Désert

I thought that Reyana's post was interesting it was about the Festival au Désert. The Festival au Désert was created in January 2001, it's held ithe North of Mal usually in Essakane. It looks for its origin in the big traditional Touareg festivities. At the beginning, there were Tuareg music, Touareg dances, poetry readings, camel rides, games. Now a days, the Festival is open to the world and welcomes artists from other Malian regions, African countries, from Europe and the rest of the world. The artists who play during the Caravan for peace are leaving Bamako on the 27th of January to so they have two days to get from plays to place; Burkina Faso on January 29; Burkina Faso on January 31st; Burkina Faso on Febraury the 1st; and Mali from February the 5th, are: Amanar, Haira Harby, Malikanw (the voice of Mali), Mariam Koné, Oum (Morocco), and Génération Taragalte (Morocco) this is all in 2014. Do you think it is as interesting as I do? Whether or not I think this is interesting.

1 comment:

  1. This festival sounds very cool! I did some research on it myself, and I found that the festival location was changed. The safety of the first location was questionable, so it was moved to Berlin! I think it is interesting that a festival can go from a local festival with dancing and poetry to being open to all of the world, and welcoming artists from all over! I also read that the Touaregs gather at the festival to reconnect with one another. I know I would love to go to this festival, would you?

    ReplyDelete