Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Working on the floor...Ouch!


In one of Kayla's earlier posts about the schools in Malawi, I learned that there is a group called the UNICEF who is trying to make school conditions better and safer for the students that can attend. I've also learned that many, if not all, of the schools in Malawi do not have electricity, but even worse, they do not have the money to buy desk and chairs. Therefore, making the students sit, and work on the dirt ground. This is one of the big problems that UNICEF is trying to help, but it will take while before it can be resolved. In my opinion, I think that this is very sad, but I also believe that with the help of the UNICEF will raise enough money to finally get the students the resources they need. Reaching own my on I have also learned that Malawi classrooms are approximately  the same size of classrooms in America, but unlike the average of about 26 students, classrooms in Malawi have an average of 90 students. One first grade class has 120 kids, there is not enough room for all of them in one classroom so they have to sit outside on the dirt and gravel. What would you do if you had to do all of your school work on the ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment