Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Poaching is wrong

              hen i read lily Gould's blog it was very sad, but luckily they made surveillance drones in Namibia. Even though It's worth alot of money to buy guns, and weapons, Its not right. In 2011 the poaching was at Its highest. The reason why poaching was at Its highest was because all of the organized criminal syndicates. So reports say that African armies are trying to deal with the very cruel poaching. Another thing that is an explanation for people poaching is because theirs alot of pore people in Africa, its very easy money to make.When did poaching even start?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Linton. Poaching is wrong. I did my blog on the same thing. On the Airware site, it shows the Airware team setting up the drones to catch the poachers in action. I'm glad that the animals of Africa are in safe hands, but I'm annoyed that people killing these creatures, for money. Its absolutely despicable! "Hey look! I'm a poacher and I'm going to kill that elephant for its tusk, because I'm getting paid for it!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you and Becca A., I agree that poaching is wrong. Especially if the animals are endangered. When I was doing research, I found out that all is not well for the drones. Some people doubt their effectiveness. People are not sure if the drones will be easily taken out by the poachers. Hopefully, people will realize that giving the drones a chance would be worth their time. Who knows? Maybe the drones will be the savior to highly poached animals. Maybe, just maybe, the drones will see to it that poaching becomes non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very sad that rhinos are dying because of poachers. I searched in the internet and it said that 668 rhinos have been killed in the year of 2011. However, in 2012, 1,004 rhinos have been killed. There is a significant difference between 2011 and 2012. 366 rhinos were killed between 2011~2012. I don't know when poaching started but, it would've been a long time since it started. I think the drones will help the rhinos dying from poaching. It has cameras that can look for poachers and save rhinos. I wish poaching would stop without harming anymore animals. When do you think poaching will stop forever?

    ReplyDelete