Popular Posts
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
The Tsetse fly is dangerous and is the cause of the deadly African sleeping sickness . The African sleeping sickness is infection with ...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Music in Ancient Greece
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek lifestyle. Music was present almost everywhere especially marriages, funerals and religious ceremonies. The word music comes from the Muses, the daughters of Zeus. Some popular instruments from the Greek culture are the pan pipes, which is also known as the pan-flute or syrinx and the aulos, which is similar to an oboe. I wonder why music played such an important role in Ancient Greek culture?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Paris,
ReplyDeleteMusic plays a role in everyday life mostly important for entertainment. Studies show that the Ancient Greek music is far more complicated then music we listen to today. Not only is it an everyday life routine, in my opinion it's a way to express culture. Do you agree? Last just to add this is a fantastic article. :)
Your friend,
Reyana H.
I think that it played such an important role in their culture just because in every single culture music is a big part. An instrument that I really like would be the panpipes because they are the most similar to the flute which I do play. Which Greek instrument is your favorite?
ReplyDelete