Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Thursday, October 31, 2013
I would like to understand this Greek!
Oh yes Greece! With tons of culture and history (don't forget the wars). With the supreme ruler Zeus, and their history. The gods seemed like murderer or torturers to me, because they crave power so much. Hera tortured the people who Zeus loved other than her, Apollo's and Artemis's mother had killed 12 innocent children because of unnecessary boasting. Athena had turned someone into a spider for beating her in a knitting contest. Ever Zeus, whose father taken over his father by force, and after that, he killed his own father. Everyone seemed to be tortured or going too far, it just seems they don't have a system of punishment... What do you think about this? I feel it's too much to handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To be honest, I think the Greek's created them like that to show how powerful they are and can be. Also they are GODS for Pete's sake, don't you think they should be able to do whatever they want even though it's wrong? And you have to keep in mind that these stories are all fake. Even though back then these tales were taken seriously, nowadays we know they are all fake so they should not be taken seriously. I do like your thought though!
ReplyDeleteI do believe it is unnecessary to kill and torture because of such little things. I bet lots of people do to, but remember in the Athena story the woman who beat her beat her by cheating, but on the other hand Athena is a god and has more power than a mortal woman. In this case I don't know who was at fault. Who do you think is at fault?
ReplyDelete