Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
That's Sooooooo Greek
The Greeks weren't all just a bunch of Olympians, or people with gods for just about everything. They were also great inventors. The map was an invention by the Greeks, a big invention that we use today. They also invented the thermometer, a really big invention we use when it comes to sick children, and adults (mostly sick children whining that they have a headache or trying to stay home from school). They're pretty smart, but I don't see them with 3D movies. What is one thing that you wish you knew the origins from?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The map is becoming less and less popular since iPhones and GPS. I think it is very important to be able to be able to read and understand maps! What happens when you are lost in the woods and you have to battery all you have is a map, which is only helpful if you know how to use one!
ReplyDeleteI agree that maps are a very important invention. If Greeks hadn't invented maps then we wouldn't have all the iPhone maps or the GPSs. I honestly think that the regular maps could possibly be more reliable. For example GPSs and IPhones don't work underground while paper maps do. Which do you think is better?
ReplyDelete