Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Friday, October 18, 2013
An Eye for an Eye, Is it Fair?
The thing I found most interesting in Chapter 2 was Hammurabi's Code. I liked it because I thought it was a pretty good moral for everyone to follow. I say that because if someone hurts or kills someone else, they get the same punishment against themselves. The only problem I have with it, is that the population might go down because of all the killing and injuring if people do choose to hurt another person. Hammurabi's Code was written onto a stone pillar. I had 282 laws on it! What do you you guys think about Hammurabi's Code? Is it fair, or not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At some parts I don't think its fair. Getting the same thing back, yes it is very fair. But if the population will go down, I don't think its okay. Maybe doing other punishes like being in jail would be better?
ReplyDeleteIn a way, it isn't fair. Two wrongs as they say don't make a right. I mean. you should get a punishment for a wrong doing, but if you kill a person, it a doesn't make it all right for that person to be killed. Maybe something less severe, like time in jail, or something at least that isn't so severe.
ReplyDelete