After reading Alex’s post on a plan to put unmanned drones into the Ol Pejeta Conservancy I wanted to know more. Last year alone, this conservancy lost 50 Black Rhinos. These drones keep constant surveillance on the animals, sending live images to rangers on the ground. These drones can also give an accurate census of the animals, giving a quicker, cheaper, and more reliable way to get data. These drones are not armed, but can quickly deploy a force of rangers, so the animals are always safe. Do you think it is a good idea to put drones into parks?
Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Yes, I think there should be even more than just drones. If 50 black rhinos were killed in just one year that is a huge problem, and should be prevented as soon as possible. I also read that helicopters were being deployed at night time to seek poachers. If there are drones in parks it will fore sure change the amount of animals being killed. I would definitely have drones in all parks.
ReplyDelete