Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
After reading Noor's post about Diwali, India's festival of lights , I was amazed. I found out that during the celebratio...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
A disease that puts you through thee ultimate sleep; first a coma, and then you never wake up. It sounds like a scene from a hor...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sleeping sickness???
I found Edna's post about sleeping sickness very interesting so I researched it to learn more. In the beginning of the disease there are symptoms like fevers, headaches, itchiness, and joint pains. The symptoms get worst over time. Confusion, poor coordination, numbness, and trouble sleeping all occur during the second stage of the sickness. There are also different types of cures. The treatment is easier during the first stage of the sickness, but during the second stage, treatment is usually more serious. There are also ways to prevent the sickness. Some examples are the use of insect repellent, wearing long-sleeved clothing, and avoiding areas where lots of tsetse flies are. It was very interesting to learn more on the sleeping sickness. Is there anything that you learned about this disease?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment