Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Drones Save Rhinos
After reading Logan's post on drones being used to help stop rhinos from being poached in Africa, I realized that this could either work really well, or fail miserably. After doing some research on the topic it seems that the drones work well. They have not been implemented yet, but the drones did well in the first stage of testing. Before they can be used however, they need to go through more developing and testing. The drones are being developed by a Canadian company named Airware. The drones can work on their own fairly well, but they have to be told the general area of where to go for them to work. The drones are a good idea, they just need some adjustments to maximize their efficiency. What do you guys think of the drones and their intended purpose?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that these drones are one way to help stop poaching. When these drones are improved and actually get out in their designated spots, it will be really good. I don't really know what other options there are other than drones. Most of the animals that are poached usually die and very few live. I also learned that when these animals are killed, the black market price for them is very high . The poachers get around $10 billion a year for these terrible acts. If we don't find a good solution, these amazing animals could become extinct. What would your solution to this problem be?
ReplyDelete