Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sleeping Sickness
While reading the post by Reina B., I noticed how easy it is to get the deadly disease called African trypanosomiasis, also commonly known as sleeping sickness. This disease is caused by the bite of a tsetse fly. In the first stage of the disease, fever, headache, and itchiness will occur. In the second stage, confusion, numbness, and trouble sleeping will occur weeks to months after the first stage, so some people may think that they might only be slightly ill. There really is no third stage unless you count dying as a symptom...If you were given a free trip to Africa, would you take it and risk getting the underestimated sleeping sickness? Why or why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment