Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
A disease that puts you through thee ultimate sleep; first a coma, and then you never wake up. It sounds like a scene from a hor...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Cocoa Is So Good Yet So Bad
I was reading a post by Aillyana, and I thought it was very interesting, so I decided to do my own research about the slavery to harvest cocoa on the Ivory Coast. In fact I figured out that 70% of the worlds cocoa comes from the slaves harvesting it in The Ivory Coast. I also figured out that the industry here has been trying to become more secretive over the years and one time some people kidnapped a reporter that was trying to release what was really going on here and and the remains of the reporter haven't be found to this day. The cocoa for all the big chocolate industries such as Nestle, Hershey's, and Mars are all provided with Cocoa from the Ivory Coast. So do you think that it is a bad thing that these chocolate companies are getting there cocoa in this way or not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment