Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sleeping Sickness Preventions and Symptoms
I found Michael M.'s post very interesting, so I decided to find some more research on it. Sleeping sickness, also known as "African Trypanosomiasis"is only found in a very small part of Africa. I've found some ways to prevent this sickness. The infected tsetse flies, (the cause of the sleeping sickness) are attracted specifically to dark colors and bright colors. To prevent them from biting you, you would want to wear thick clothing and neutral colors. Repellent would work on the flies, but not fully. The symptoms of African Trypanosomiasis are fever, malaise, headache, myalgia, pruritus, facial edema, weight loss, and lymphadenopathy. Why do you think it's only found in Africa?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! I think it's only found in Africa because of the climate and area's surroundings. I'm happy that they found some preventions for it since I don't think anyone would like to catch this sleeping sickness. I think another great way to prevent catching this is to not live in that part of Africa. The sleeping sickness is actually know as a disease too. Another thing I found interesting is that barely anyone every has caught this disease in the cities of Africa, so i guess another prevention is to live in the cities. Also this disease has also caused seven epidemics before.
ReplyDelete