Popular Posts

Thursday, May 1, 2014

We Need To Let Them Know...Racism Is Not Right!

Racism is definitely not right, but people are still entitled to their own opinion. Imagine if being bored was against the law. Stupid, right? But if you spoke out against the law, you would get fined and sent to jail. No one wants to be punished for thinking thoughts or speaking your mind, whether it's right or not. There's really nothing wrong with believing your own beliefs, but the fact that these racist people wanted and did more than just thinking thoughts, now that's wrong. When these things happen, they're hard to deal with, but the humorous way to fight back at the Spanish soccer game gave us a pretty good example of what to do. Many people disapproved of the way the fan acted, and they let him know. What he did may not have been that illegal, but he sure got a big response, and I think that's what he deserved. In all honesty, I just feel people need to let racists know that it's not okay, and depending on the severeness of the action, possibly fining them. I think people did exactly what they needed to, and the situation was taken care of. What do you think, and how do you feel about racism?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that racism is not okay! I understand that people have the rights to say what they want to say.... but people have to be more careful of what they say! I think that Donald sterling should have kept whatever he has to say to himself. The fact that he would say that, and he’s popular with fans looking up to him, he should’ve put a sock in it. He put his career in the dump; he had to sell the Clippers! I don’t know what he was thinking, but he ended up very unlucky, with a fine of 2.5 million dollars, whoa! Currently Donald Sterling is battling cancer, I heard. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, he better figure out what to do! He put himself in this position, and now he has to get himself out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Adelle! Racism is a wrong thing and I am glad he got fired from his job because he needs to learn a lesson! Every body is the same and the color of there skin does not define who you are. I do still think that $2.5 million is a little bit to much money but I understand why they would charge him that much money. Sterling has also been fighting cancer since 2011 and he must have so much to deal with it, paying $2.5 million dollars and also fighting cancer. That seems really rough but is also partly his fault for saying the racist comment. I honestly think he could have made better choices!

    ReplyDelete