Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Racist...Really Sterling?
Recently, Donald Sterling, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, an NBA team, said racist comments about a woman bringing a black man (Magic Johnson) to one of the Clippers basketball games. I think this is terrible that the owner of the Clippers would say that because he is the one that wants people to come to the games so he can earn money from them. Now he is talking bad about people and this probably makes people not want to pay Sterling because of his rude comments. In the words of my dad and Depeche Mode "People are people, so why should it be that you and I should get along so awfully." He also makes millions off of black players, doesn't this sound ironic?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also think that it is wrong want he said and that it was a good decision that the NBA commissioner made. Did you know that the players wore their warm-ups inside-out so that they would not show the logo? They did this because when they heard about want their owner said they were mad because almost all of them are black. So would you do what the players did or ignore what he said?
ReplyDelete